December 20, 2010

Expectations


Wow! That's a big word that packs a big punch! FYI...this picture has nothing to do with this post, I just LOVE polar bears and if they had the chance, they would love me back!

Honesty hurts sometimes. And so do expectations. I'll be the first to admit, I expect alot of people. Like treating each other with kindness and respect. Helping another person out when it's clear that you are able to do so.

Expectations.

When we lived in Rockford, Illinois, we made the decision to take a buyout from my job with Chrysler, and move back to Tennessee where my family lives. I left home in 1987, when I was 17. I thought life would be full of fun family get togethers and fun holiday's with everyone together. Weeeeelllllll...NO. When I lived at home, we would all gather at Mother's house eating and playing cards or board games at the family dinner table. My 3 brother's were in high school then and we all got along so good. Now we are all married, working and have kiddo's. It's just tough to organize everyone and find a big enough spot for everyone to eat together.

Expectations.

I can honestly say that becoming a foster mom has met and exceeded my every expectation. I had no idea how much joy this baby girl would bring to our home! She lights up the room with her big, bright smile! I've always heard that every mother has the cutest, smartest baby in the world - I'm fairly certain that we have the cutest, smarted baby that has ever lived! I'm trying to have realistic expectations and just trying to be in the moment with little toot, so I can enjoy it and not miss anything!

No comments: